DSR 1 Subsonic
The DSR 1 Subsonic contains the following features:
- Design with primary and secondary expansion chambers including special inserts. Muzzle blast pressure waves are effectively suppressed.
- Free floating barrel.The suppressor does not touch the barrel at all, instead it is attached to the receiver. Contact of the suppressor with a rest does not affect point of impact.
- No additional masses on barrel. Suppressor does not affect barrel vibrations and accuracy.
- Deflection of gas flow from bullet path. No reflection waves hit the bullet. No stimulation of bullet oscillation.
- Primary expansion chamber. Inclusive of the volume around the barrel.
- Secondary expansion chamber. Underneath the suppressor tube to increase the volume and delay gas exhaust.
- One-piece insert. In suppressor tube to simplify disassembly and cleaning.
- Integrated design. Disassembly and reassembly without influence on point of impact.
The DSR 1 Subsonic is adjusted to use the subsonic type of ammunition calibre 7,62mm x 51 / .308 Win. Barrel length is 310 mm. The 8 inch twist rate of the barrel is especially adapted to stabilize the heavy projectiles of subsonic ammunition.
This ammunition has the same dimensions like standard ammunition of the same calibre. The propellant charge is reduced to keep the bullet velocity (app. 320 m/s) below the speed of sound (340 m/s). This avoids the super sonic crack of standard ammunition. No type of suppressor can reduce the super sonic crack of a bullet flying at super sonic speed.
Only use of subsonic type of ammunition is recommended.